Thursday, January 22, 2009

iHCPL #33 Relocating with Online Maps

Using the HAR website, I searched for available houses in my own zipcode. I found which were empty, which would be quick move-in. All had pictures posted of the interior, and most of the back yards. If I were relocating to a new home in the same area I now live in, I would want to find a house that was not on a main road, not too near a school, and was relatively ready to move into (i.e.-landscaped, fenced, with drapes). By entering the address of the ones I found on HAR into the Google mapscape site, I was able to determine which of the selected ones best suited my criteria.

This website was by far the easiest to use of the three listed. However, when I was searching for a second home in the Hill Country of Texas, I used Realtor.com, and found that to be easier than HAR.

No comments: