Saturday, February 28, 2009

iHCPL # 54. Social Networking

1. I joined a book club in Junior High School. The book was 'Lord of the Flies'. I went to one meeting. That was enough for me. I prefer to read for pleasure. I do not care about symbolism, author's agenda or whether or not anyone else likes the book I want to read. I won't be joining a book club again, either on line or in person.

2. IF I were to want to implement a book club in this library, I would choose one for readers of cozy mysteries. To gather members I would put fliers in the lobby and invitations to join in the books being checked out by other cozy mystery readers. Using Goodreads, I would choose Diane Mott Davidson's 'Prime Cut' for the group to read.

3. I searched for 'The Good Dog' by Avi on Shelfari and Goodreads. Both sites gave the book a 4 stars or better rating.

No comments: